Advanced Analytics Operations Analyst - #2547981
Advanced Analytics Operations Analyst
- to be located in Toronto or Waterloo Offices
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
As an Advanced Analytics Operations Analyst reporting to the Manager, Advanced Analytics, you will be responsible for building, deploying, and monitoring streamlined analytical tools & processes, leveraging statistical and machine learning models created by other members of the Advanced Analytics team.
We are looking for creative, curious and analytical team members to join our Advanced Analytics team!
What can you expect in this role?
- Use your creativity and curiosity to develop and deploy new analytical tools to help the business in their decision-making
- Uncover issues and trouble shoot existing tools and data processes, discover the fix and bring the solution to the team
- Learn our current tools and run reports to be visualized for leaders. Help leaders understand the story behind the numbers
- Apply data science methodologies to improve the consistency and accuracy of data
- Requests for more or different information, leading to report development, data checking and visual presentation of the requests
- Work collaboratively within your team to achieve the best results, communicate and share insights and best practices
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, data science, statistics, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in a data analysis-related position
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills
- Highly analytical, demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong proficiency in using the R programming language for data wrangling and analysis (knowledge of Python also an asset)
- Strong programming skills and efficient use of Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel, Access, VBA)
- Knowledge of SAS & SharePoint is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work schedules
- Bright, open workspaces and smart casual dress code
- Three national employee resource groups focused on inclusion and the experience of immigrants to Canada, the LGBTQ+ community, and women in leadership
- Onsite health and wellness programs
- Spirit days and a company-wide social committee enhance our employee experience
- Annual Economical Appreciation Week features team events and fun surprises
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.