Home Care Attendant - #4833010
Prairie Mountain Health
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized Health Care Aide Program
- Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health (Not Required for Supportive Housing)
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The Home Care Attendant provides direct client care and environmental support within established standards of care, policies and procedures. The Home Care Attendant functions in meeting the special and changing needs of clients and assisting them in reaching and maintaining optimum health and independence.
- Demonstrates respect for client independence, dignity, privacy, and lifestyle at all times.
- Supports clients’ independence in activities of daily living, as assessed by the Case Coordinator.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards for safety and sanitation including guidelines for hand washing. Reports concerns of knowledge and/or skill deficits to the Supervisor.
- With additional education and in accordance with regional policies/operational directives/procedures on assignment and delegation, may be assigned the following client care tasks:
- Medication Assistance (oral medications, suppositories, topical medications, transdermal medications, inhaled medications, eye drops/ointments, ear/nose medications, subcutaneous injections)
- Enteral feeding (via pump and via gravity)
- Blood Glucose monitoring
- Ostomy Care
- Adjusting oxygen flow rates
- Records activities and observations as per policy.
- Assists with meal preparation in accordance with the “Canada Food Guide” or the client specific diet.
- Organizes work according to client’s needs and the assigned tasks.
- Reports any changes in the client situation to the Supervisor and/or Case Coordinator.
- Reports accidents/incidents immediately to the Supervisor or Case Coordinator and/or the client contact.
- Reports repairs of equipment and physical facilities to the Supervisor and/or Case Coordinator;
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, and in-service programs as required. Communicates with co-workers involved to achieve the client-centered goals.
- Maintains regular reporting relationship with Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks
PMH has an Indigenous Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of our workforce. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Indigenous descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL