Methodology Analyst “Risk Products" - #8985131
About the role:
The position is of strategic importance to the company as you will contribute to the development, maintenance and enhancement of Sustainalytics’ risk product suite, including the company’s flagship rating product ESG Risk Ratings, as well as products designed for fixed income investors and assessing risks for country and sub sovereign issuers.
In this position, you have the opportunity to do pioneering work and be part of a team that values entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to drive improvements in our product offering. You will collaborate closely with product managers, research teams and IT to develop product ideas into market-ready products. The role comprises also the maintenance of existing product methodologies and the creation of methodology-related documents and publications.
- Conceptualizing and scoping of product methodologies for Sustainalytics’ Risk offering.
- Working with quantitative oriented colleagues on testing internal and external validity of methodological solutions including change/impact analyses and portfolio performance analyses.
- Presenting ideas and results internally, including to our senior leadership team.
- Collaborating with product managers, IT and research analysts on implementing new methodologies or methodological changes.
- Collaborating with product managers and other internal stakeholders on creating methodology documentation and support material for client relations team.
- Providing support to product managers as well as research analysts for any methodology related questions and preparing/coordinating the preparation of support materials and analyses.
- Writing and/or contributing to methodology-related thought leadership pieces.
- Presenting to internal and external audiences including senior levels.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics or related sciences.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience; ESG Research or analysis experience will be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of ESG investment approaches/ understanding of financial markets, products and research methodologies.
- Structured thinker with strong analytical and conceptual capabilities.
- Creativity and problem solving that can be applied in real-life applications.
- Strong quantitative skills including solid statistical / econometric grounding.
- Skilled user of relevant software, in particular Excel; Python programming skills and statistical software user skills considered an asset.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a strong team environment.
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years' experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com