Utility Worker, Utility Person - #8985829
Location - SaskPower North Battleford(YellowheadPS)
Temporary - Full Time until 10/20/2023
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 12/02/2022 to be considered for this opportunity.
The employee in this classification is responsible to perform a variety of routine and general laboring activities related to the operation and maintenance of SaskPower’s facilities and infrastructure.
Perform various manual construction, maintenance and servicing activities, utilizing hand and powered tools and equipment, including light duty mobile equipment
- Operate, monitor and inspect and repair vehicles, equipment and tools, including analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions while taking corrective action, as required
- Move, sort and pile materials and products manually
- Arrange for appropriate permits and perform switching, as authorized
- Participate in preventative and corrective operational and maintenance programs
- Maintain files and records associated with the position
- Provide on-the-job instructions and general work directions to staff, as required
- Assist other groups internally and externally, as required
- Adhere to all applicable safety and environmental standards, regulations and corporate commitments
- Participate in continuous educational and professional development, as required
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Other related duties, as assigned
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Ability to cooperate and deal tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
*Please note - Selected Candidate will be required to travel to the different sites (Yellowhead Power Station, Ermine Power Station, Landis Power Station and Meadow Lake Power Station) and at times be required to stay overnight on the road*
This position falls within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2067.
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 12/02/2022