Production Hardware QA Tester - #8985843
Approach Controls is a growing company, and we are looking to grow the Manufacturing Test group.
Approach Controls Inc, (ACI) is delivering industrial equipment controls solutions using modern technologies
and infrastructure. We have delivered field products in fracking and other oil and gas applications, with other
industries on the horizon. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team of subject matter experts and
This position performs production testing on finished product assemblies (Low voltage electrical control
systems) per design specifications, contract specifications, and company procedures.
- You are passionate about technology and have familiarity with automated testing tools and procedures
- You prioritize deliverables based on the big picture, with enthusiasm for writing process documentation
- Motivated to get things done
- You are detail oriented and a meticulous at documentation and reports
- Have the ambition to learn and become involved in a variety of industries
- You have strong electrical diagnostic skills and have a background in electrical troubleshooting.
- Compensation based on experience
- Flexible work Hours
- Company benefits plan, RRSP/TFSA matching eligibility after 3 months
- Safely perform all test on Switchgear products
- Maintain accurate quality records to identify trends for corrective measures
- Able to read schematic drawings, provide feedback to designers and develop test plans from drawings
- Perform functional and operational tests to ensure wiring and assembly of the finished product matches
the drawings and project specifications.
- Perform routine quality inspections on Switchgear during the assembly process.
- Utilize computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electrical products and systems.
- Understand the challenges faced by the development team
- Recommend improvements to testing and development processes to help reduce bugs and technical debt.
- Develop, debug, and maintain both manual and automated tests.
- Execute tests and perform analysis of the results.
- Provide test results, KPAs, and other metrics to stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with the development team to optimize product delivery
- Remain current on quality testing tools, trends, and best practices
- Must have experience in the electrical field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience testing or
troubleshooting electrical equipment with a high school diploma /GED from an accredited institution
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Professional experience working in a hardware testing role
- Experience using software testing tools
- Experience with and enthusiasm for writing process documentation
- Understanding of basic communication protocols (RS232, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Engineering experience is an asset
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is an asset
Preference will be given to local candidates to Calgary, AB. Send an email to [email protected] with your resume.