Junior HR Generalist - #8985858
About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first-person shooter game “Squad.” OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well-known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2022, OWI has nearly 120 employees. Located world-wide, with a new studio headquartered in historic Downtown New Westminster, close to public transit. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods and a technology provider building a framework for character-based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit, and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games and supplying others with the ability to do the same. Our People Team is growing and is looking to add a Jr. HR Generalist to the team.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment including, but not limited to, advertising open roles on various platforms, sourcing, screening applications and presenting and negotiating offers
- Use and create innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent and build a pipeline for various roles
- Work closely with our Leadership team and key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure successful workforce planning
- Build and maintain strong constructive relationships with employees across the studio
- Able to have routine HR conversations with employees when needed
- Assist with developing and promoting HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation, onboarding efforts and employee termination process
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration
What you bring to OWI:
- Proven working experience as a HR Administrator or a similar HR role with a minimum of 2 years in a technology and employee focused company
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, preferably Bamboo HR and other databases, and demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics as extracted from those systems
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling several projects
- Proficient in MS Office especially in Excel, Word, and Google office suite
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, active listener, and empathetic
- Outgoing, friendly, confident, innovative, and resourceful
- A passion for video games
This is a full-time permanent position with the requirement to work from our office at least 3 days a week.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.