E-commerce Market Development Manager - #8985867
Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
The role of the eCommerce Market Development Manager is to lead business transformation by defining the digital model and strategy to support expansion of Ion Chromatography/Sample Prep (IC/SP) and DIA through eCommerce as a sales channel. You will drive planning, implementation and execution of regional-specific market development programs in the digital business channel to deliver growth targets in line with global IC/SP and DIA strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will have a strong data sense, digital marketing and e-commerce expertise and will be responsible for building and implementing strategies on both a global and regional basis through world class analytics and marketing capabilities. The role will have very close communication with key divisional partners (i.e. Commercial, Divisional e-Business team) as well as Business Unit functional collaborators, for example Product Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and Product Management
This role will be fully remote (working from home) based anywhere in Europe or North America. Some international travel may be required – up to 25% per annum – including overnight stays.
Within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), Ion Chromatography/Sample Preparation and DIA Business Unit provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments to a broad range of end user markets including Industrial, Environmental, Food Safety and Pharma/BioPharma to name a few. Its instruments allow customers to ensure the highest standards are met to keep the world Healthier, Cleaner and Safer.
What will you do?
- Understand customer buying behaviors on our eCommerce sites and draw insight and recommendations for business expansion via digital channel
- Define and develop digital business model and strategy through detailed assessment of related market.
- Plan and implement strategy through regionalized eCommerce specific short- and long-term growth initiatives defined in alignment with local teams and in support of both global and regional BU growth targets.
- Fully integrate eCommerce initiatives within Market Development strategy to achieve regional growth targets, in addition to conventional sales driven revenue stream.
- Work with Divisional eCommerce team to integrate Business unit's product offering on CMD eCommerce platform and ensure seamless customer experience; collaborate with Product Marketing to drive incremental funnel to achieve annual business goals
- Support e-Commerce reporting through definition of Key Performance Metrics to supervise efficiency and success of the defined initiatives. Provide information and insights regarding efficiency of implemented initiatives on regional basis and translate the findings into concrete actions for execution in collaboration with business partners.
- Act as internal digital leader across the organization to establish Ion Chromatography/Sampler Prep & DIA as leader in digital innovation and execution
- Nurture endorsement of eCommerce as complementary sales channel to drive attention from commercial team on IC/SP & DIA and achieve business goals.
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience within eCommerce and an understanding of how to sell effectively via this channel
- Some business development, sales or marketing experience within relevant field application technology and/or instruments
- Experience developing strategic plans focused on execution of commercial growth targets, with a proven knowledge of business practices in a global matrix organization
- Track record of delivering sales performance results through marketing and market share development
- Proven leadership, management and project management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate go-to-market strategy, metrics, successes, failures, standard processes etc. to improve the overall business efficiency
- Financial skills used in a selling environment to demonstrate return on investment
- Proficient in oral and written English
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus annual incentive bonus
- Full benefits package (specifics depend on country of hire)
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.