Laundry Aide (Part time) - #8985869
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Laundry Worker is responsible for the collection, sorting, washing, repair and delivery of Resident's laundry.
Key Responsibilities- To assist in the collection and sorting of soiled personal clothing and linens and pre- treat stains as required;
- To load and unload washers and dryers ensuring that proper settings are used and that chemical supplies are at an appropriate level;
- To inspect soiled linens or personal laundry and complete any required repairs, e.g. rips, tears, buttons;
- To fold , segregate and stack linens and residents' clothing and ironing as required;
- To deliver linens and clothing to appropriate areas;
- To adhere to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- To complete documentation as required according to facility policy/job routines;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents)
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge/experience in commercial laundry procedures and ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to follow instructions and provide feedback on a day to day basis
- Must be familiar with standard sewing and mending techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper linen care and stain removal
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.