PROJECT COORDINATOR IN INDIGENOUS SCHOOLS - #8985871
PROJECT COORDINATOR IN INDIGENOUS SCHOOLS (NUNAVIK, EEYOU ISTCHEE AND OTHER FIRST NATIONS COMMUNITIES)
JANUARY 2023 TO JUNE 2023
**This job requires relocation for the duration of the contract**
Experience life in a northern Indigenous Community for one school year and make meaningful connections while leading educational activities with youth!
Project coordinators in Indigenous communities have 3 main areas of activity:
- Organizing extra-curricular activities to support school perseverance
- Working with teachers to develop and animate classroom activities that help make academic knowledge more relevant for teenagers.
- Working with local organizations to help create links between the school and community.
$20/hour, 37.5 hours/week, flexible schedule
- Per diem of $150/week ($200/week in Nunavik)
- Free lodging (or rent allowance for local hires)
- Phone and/or internet allowances
- Transportation covered
- Access to employee well-being programs, trainings and career coaching
- Opportunities for internship recognition
- Create, organize, and lead engaging activities for elementary or high school students.
- Manage a budget for the project and the material inventory.
- Communicate and collaborate with school staff as well as external partners in the implementation of projects, activities, and special events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with youth.
- Motivation, leadership persistence, flexibility, communication skills, vision and creativity are essential.
- Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Spoken and written English; knowledge of written and spoken English is required in this role because you will be interacting with anglophone colleagues, customers and partners located across Canada.
- Spoken and written French is an asset.
- Written and/or oral knowledge of an Indigenous language is an asset.
Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fill out this online form with your contact information. https://www.cognitoforms.com/FusionJeunesse/APPLICATIONProjectCoordinatorInIndigenousCommunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday