Epic Application Analyst - Research Module - #8985876
University Health Network
Position: Epic Application Analyst – Research Module
Site: 620 University
Department: UHN Digital
Reports To: Senior Application Manager
Salary: $66,846 - $83,000 (based on experience)
Status: Permanent Full-time
As Canada’s largest research hospital, UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s health care system with four hospitals, five research institutes, and our Michener Institute of Education. Our purpose is to transform lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning. With over 1,200 beds, more than one million clinic visits per year, and a budget of over $2 billion, UHN and its 16,000 employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day.
Overview of Department
UHN Digital is one of the largest public sector health-care information management and information technology (IM/IT) service delivery organizations in Canada. As department of University Health Network (UHN), UHN Digital, is committed to its vision of transforming health-care delivery by improving the patient experience, addressing issues facing coordination of care and enhancing customer service and quality through outstanding project management and operational support.
The HIS Application Analyst will report into a Senior Application Manager, in coordination with an Application Team Lead. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced individual, who will be accountable to configure and support research workflows. Using your expertise, the HIS Application Analyst will serve as the connection between end users' clinical/research needs and the larger application build team to ensure the functional needs of the application are met. The Epic Application Analyst, will participate in support activities, system and business analysis, system upgrades and testing.
This is an application support position that requires both a technical and business understanding of UHN Digital’s supported applications. The Application Support Analyst position entails duties such as but not limited to:
- Day to day support of applications including working with customers, our HIS vendor Epic, and other vendors in troubleshooting and identifying options to resolve issues;
- Application testing of new releases, upgrades, fixes and other product changes
- Support Epic Optimization/Enhancement demand items
- Work with other Digital teams to ensure high service levels are maintained
- Provide customer service in the form of end user meetings (research or business); attend and/or facilitate monthly established end user meetings or ad hoc meetings
- Work closely with other Digital Application support teams to solve simple to complex production and operational problems for the applications supported by UHN Digital
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference;
- Exercise ITIL Change Management principles/techniques
- Participation in organizing and conducting weekly team meetings
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with the job classification
- Undergraduate Degree required in Computer Science, Math, Health Informatics or related field
- Certification in one or more Epic applications in the areas related to the Research Module is preferred
- 2-3 years industry experience in application support required
- Experience with one or more clinical/business applications in a large healthcare organization is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent Incident and Problem management skills including analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform standard application testing
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work with minimal supervision on simple to moderately complex tasks
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a positive and productive manner
- Experience working with interfaces is an asset
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: November 22, 2022 CLOSING DATE: December 6, 2022
Sr Talent Acquisition Consultant - People and Culture – Posting #909961
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.