Laundry Worker - #8985881
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health), patient & staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reports to designated supervisor. Performs various duties required for the processing of hospital linens such as transporting linen, handling, separating, and sorting soiled linens, processing, inspecting, and storing clean linen articles.
Education, Training And Experience
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.