Drywaller - #8986340
On Side Restoration
The Job – Drywaller
Drywallers at On Side are important team members who, help rebuild and restore damaged personal and commercial property, anywhere and anytime disaster strikes. Delighting clients by making damaged drywall disappear, and new drywall appear in the form of smooth walls and appropriately textured ceilings, drywallers make clients believe magic has happened.
What you bring…
Drywallers bring a host of abilities to their work, not the least being a ‘get it done!’ attitude. Additional abilities required include:
- Experience working in construction environments with tools and the skills to use them
- Strong people and communication skills
- Attention to detail, passion for quality and pride in the work you do
- A safety mindset
- Valid driver’s licence and a clean criminal record (we do check)
- Ability to communicate in English
What you’re responsible for…
A drywaller is skilled in the following ways:
- Measuring, cutting and installing drywall sheets
- Tear out old or damaged drywall
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks using trowel and broad knife
- Tape and embed joints
- Texturing of all types
- Drywall finish, priming and painting
- Site preparation and protection
Other stuff that’ll help you be successful but isn’t mandatory:
- Drywall Finisher and Plasterer ticket
- First Aid
Disasters can strike at any time so a rotating schedule of 24/7 after hours on-call work is a requirement.
What’s in it for you?
We’re an established company in a growing industry and we need awesome people! We WANT to start you off on a career path you’ll love, we WANT you to be fulfilled by your work and we WANT to provide you with a steady pay-cheque. We also love that we’re able to provide an employee assistance program, excellent health plan which includes extended medical (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, vision, and more!) dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
We provide on the job training with opportunity for development—promotions and national career movement are yours for the taking (well, with a few months under your belt). At On Side we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Get on our side!
Both major weather disasters and minor accidents involving water, fire, and more happen every day, and in our industry this is how we keep busy, restoring properties 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Mother Nature usually doesn’t wait for an invitation, but we’re in the business of dealing with party crashers, and we’ve done it for over 40 years!
We have branches from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland and (almost) everywhere in between. Our fantastic team of over 1,350 employees stretches far and wide across Canada, and we’re growing—YOU could be the next great addition!