Motor Coach Industries - Paint Systems Associate - #8986356
This position, covered by the Collective Agreement, prepares coaches, small parts, and metal and fiberglass surfaces for paint applications and applies primer / paint to coaches during different stages of the coach build. Throughout all aspects of this role, you will promote a safe working environment and comply with all HS&E regulations including following all Plant and Plant Safety rules.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for painting coaches, small parts, touch ups, spot spraying, paint preparation, body repair work, interior work, buffing, decaling, sanding and masking
- Responsible for using various hand, air and power tools such as orbital sanders, air buffers, paint guns and measuring instruments
- Responsible for following all work instructions and paint charts as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Read and understand work instructions
- Previous manufacturing experience considered an asset
- Experience working with solvents and pretreatment chemicals an asset, post-secondary training with experience interpreting paint charts
- Be able to work with fiberglass
- Familiar with paint shop environments,
- Knowledge of paint mixing chemicals,
- Ability to read MSDS sheet,
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer ten times since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
OUR WHY: We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.nfi.parts, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.arbocsv.com, and www.carfaircomposites.com.