aide, health care - #8986678
J and C Personal Care Home
Contract type: Full time
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- or equivalent experience
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits