Forklift Operator (PT) - #8990680
McCain Foods Limited
Position Title:Forklift Operator (PT)
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Requisition ID: 16278
Day & Ross is one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, serving top brands across North America. Right now, we’re expanding our business, and there’s never been a better time to join our team and grow your career along with us.
We got our start hauling potatoes in 1950, and today we have more than 8,000 employees, drivers and owner operators. For over a decade, we’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and we were named a Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Our industry recognition is a testament to the family values we share with our parent company, McCain Foods Limited.
What We Offer: a competitive starting wage, extended health and dental benefits and a company matched pension.
About the Role
Monday to Friday (Graveyards)
Day & Ross is currently looking to hire Forklift Operators to help balance current demands. As a Forklift Operator, you will be a valued member of the team by ensuring that customer requirements are being met, with a focus on protecting freight from damage. As well, you will be responsible for ensuring proper handling of inbound and outbound freight, while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
How You’ll Help
- Move and handle large and cumbersome freight in a dock environment
- Operate a forklift in congested areas
- Ensure compliance with TDG, WHMIS, company policies and/or procedures, and customer specific requirements
- Utilize proper handling techniques to ensure customer’s freight is protected from damage
- Ensure all inbound and outbound freight is accurately and efficiently received and shipped in accordance with company procedures.
- Organize and direct inbound and outbound freight to city and linehaul trailers
- Other duties as required
Your Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma of GED
- Previous Sit-down Counterbalance required
- Previous transportation or dock experience is preferred
- Willingness and ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Self-motivated and possess a safety-first mindset
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Work efficiently with little to no supervision
The working environment will include physical labour (bending, crouching, etc.), loud machinery, and operating a Forklift in a congested area
To apply, visit the Careers page on our website at dayross.com/dock
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a federally regulated employer, The Day & Ross fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.
Function: Transportation; Supply Chain & Logistics
Location(s): CA - Canada : British Columbia : Kamloops