Staff Educator (Part Time) - #8990703
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Lend a helping hand
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
- Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care
- Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to
- Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
- Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning
- Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and
- Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem
- Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against
- Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
- Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff
- Role Profile Approved by: Date:
- Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and
- Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition,
- Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
- Participates in QE / RM meetings;
- Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and
Health & Safety Consultant;
- Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other healthcare
Long Term Care, or the equivalent;
- Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
- Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental
- Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
- The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera Core Competencies:
Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams
self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.