Clerk 3 - #8990710
Requisition ID: 326177
Position Number: 20043911
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Dauphin Regional Health Centre
Department / Unit: Dauphin Clerical
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: MGEU Sup DSM
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $17.967, $18.506, $19.061, $19.632, $20.222, $20.828
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Clerk III provides receptionist duties for the Diagnostic Services department and is the primary point of contact for patients/clients receiving services in department. The Clerk III is responsible for the provision of a variety of clerical and administrative duties within the Diagnostic Services department. The Clerk III strives to provide best practice Diagnostic Imaging Services on a regional basis in order to promote good health and quality of life.
- Experience as a clerk receptionist in a hospital or doctor’s office in the last five (5) years
- Experience with Diagnostic Services applications within the last five (5) years
- Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
- Completion of a recognized medical terminology course or program, Level I and II (or equivalent)
Evidence of attending continuing education and/or in-services
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.