Product Manager, Support Equipment - #8990723
Company: Finning Canada Number of Openings: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: The Product Manager is an owner of a product group or family and is responsible for all aspects of the go-to-market strategy to grow revenues and market share. Part of the role is to develop competitive landscapes for your products, create product roadmaps and enhance product design; all as part of the end-to-end go-to-market (GTM) accountability. You will be a key player working with sales teams, sales leadership, supply chain, marketing, operations and Caterpillar. Each of these relationships will need to be managed and leveraged in order to effectively grow the product line Job Description:
- Develop, lead and oversee the GTM strategy and plan for assigned products and solutions. This includes but not limited
- driving product marketing plans
- support customer segmentation and target planning (accounts and revenue)
- defining value proposition for target products and customers
- defining and ensuring implementation of customer activation, onboarding, support and success processes
- market share, revenue & GP management for assigned products.
- Develop strategy and business planning for the product line to ensure there is a long-term roadmap for the product along with tactical plans that can be executed on to achieve business plans
- Provide strategic leadership to peers to increase new equipment market share (PINS)
- Drive plans to increase percent of product support sales (POPS) in a product family
- Partner with Industry Managers to develop and support business plan objectives
- New equipment delivery forecast accuracy
- Communicate product performance and ROI to support competitive positioning
- Develop a sound knowledge of the industry, customer pain points, the competitive environment and trends
- Arrange and carry out product training programs
- Partner with the sales support team to develop and deliver on product training as part of the GTM execution
- Support the sales organization on an as needed basis for assigned products via in-depth product knowledge, application guidance and competitive positioning.
- Facilitate discussions across the business that enable effective execution of product line sales (sales, supply chain, operations, marketing, pricing)
- Serve as a liaison with Finning’s suppliers for assigned products e.g. Caterpillar, SITECH, Raptor. Nurture existing supplier relationships and search for new partnerships that broaden Finning’s customer solution portfolio. Participate in industry association events and Caterpillar dealer advisory groups as applicable
- Work in partnership with the product and technical teams to ensure customer feedback and insights from the regions and the sales force are fed back into product development.
- As need, be a significant contributor to customer sales calls where a digital solution is part of the solution being proposed to a customer. As such, this role requires the ability to plan effectively for sales meetings, to be comfortable and inquisitive with the customer to zero in on unsolved business problems.
- Must have working knowledge of marketing, being able to plan and facilitate the definition of a product marketing plan including segmentation of customers, value proposition design, promotional plans, etc.
- Expert persuasion skills and the ability to captivate a room when delivering presentations and product demonstrations, including senior level leaders.
- 5-10 years’ experience in launching and managing products and services ideally within a large organization
- Degree in Commerce, Marketing and/or Business Administration
- Sales experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or sales operations, understanding deeply how to capture the attention of internal sales teams and external channel partners and customers