Cook - #8990725
Six Nations of the Grand River Elected Council
Applications will be received by Six Nations of the Grand River and Grand River Employment & Training (GREAT) up until 4:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, December 7, 2022, for the Cook with Iroquois Lodge, Health Services Department. The Six Nations of the Grand River Application for Employment Form, Job Posting and Job Description are available for printing from the www.greatsn.com website. Online applications accepted through https://www.vscyberhosting.com/sixnations/. NO LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED.* Applicants from Six Nations and other First Nations will be given preference to deliver programs and services in a First Nations community.*
JOB* SUMMARY: * The Cook reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Food Services Supervisor. The Cook will prepare all foods on regular and modified diet menus to Residents. The cook will assist the Food Services Supervisor in the performance of statutory /operational nutrition and hydration services. The cook will also perform other duties as assigned.
The Cook will assist the Food Services Supervisor by planning and providing the nutritional necessities in a safe, clean environment to all resident s of Iroquois Lodge within the policies and procedures as established by the Administrator/Manager of Iroquois Lodge and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
December 7, 2022
Hours of Work
28-30 hours bi-weekly
- Current First Aid & CPR, or willing to train/re-certify
- Possess a certificate of qualification as a Cook, Assistant Cook, or Red Seal Cook granted by a college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a by a registered private career college and approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 (Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007)
- Current Food Handlers Certificate, or willing to train/re-certificate
- Preferred experience in a Long-Term Care facility
- Complete understanding and application of the Resident's Bill of Rights required
- Clear understanding of resident centered care
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector screening check prior to employment
- Medical certificate of good health and up to date immunization record including willingness to have yearly influenza vaccination
- Must have working knowledge of Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Act and associated regulations
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: *
- Please visit: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/sixnations/ to access our job board and follow the directions to apply.
- Please ensure all required documents are provided/uploaded with your application package, which include:
- Cover letter including your band name and number (if applicable). Please indicate in your letter how your education and experience qualifies you for this position.
- Recent resume clearly identifying that you meet the Basic Qualifications of this position as stipulated above.
- Copy of your education diploma/degree/certificate and transcript.
- If you have any questions or need assistance please reach out to Melissa Stefureak, Staffing Officer at 519-445-2223 ext 5727 or via email at [email protected]
Job Type: Part-time