Real Property Assistant - Student - #8991286
Defence Construction Canada
DCC is proud to be recognized by Forbes on their 2022 list of Canada’s Best Employers!
Defence Construction Canada (DCC) delivers contracting, contract management, environmental and other services in support of the defence of Canada. DCC procures and manages construction, environmental and other infrastructure projects for the Department of National Defence (DND) and Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), including building and maintaining airports, shipyards, medical clinics, specialty warehousing, schools, offices, roads, utilities and laboratories. DCC has openings across Canada for co-op and summer students in engineering, architecture, construction, environmental studies and applied science programs. Working with DCC is an opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of fields, including construction, environmental sciences, procurement, project management and facilities management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Co-op /summer students work with a team at a DCC site office that provides high-quality, timely, efficient and effective services to support the long-term development and management of DND/CAF infrastructure. The incumbent will support senior Real Property Management staff in the National Capital Region, with the following duties and responsibilities, as required:
- Support the review and cataloging of heritage reports
- Gather background RP data and information for DND installations located across Canada
- Compile stakeholder comments and feedback
- Prepare real property-related documents and visual aids
- Provide support with the development and delivery of presentations to senior project stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in land use planning, engineering, history, architecture, facility/property management or related field at an accredited college or university
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Relevant experience in real property management, heritage, land use planning, or facility management is an asse
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of computer software programs and operating systems, such as MS Office
- Good judgement, positive attitude and flexible nature
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of both official languages is an asset
- Typical office environment
- Some work may be located on construction sites; incumbent may occasionally be required to wear basic safety equipment
DCC is responsible for the Personnel Security Clearance process. Typically to be eligible for a "Reliability" clearance, you must have five years of verifiable background information and to be eligible for a "Secret" clearance, you must have 10 years of verifiable background information. The process usually involves reference inquiries, verification of qualifications, criminal records checks, and credit checks (as required) and may require fingerprints. For more information about obtaining a security clearance, please review the Standard on Security Screening.
DCC's Code of Business Conduct (Code) is a condition of employment. It serves to enhance public confidence in the integrity of DCC Employees and provides clarity to Employees on a number of issues, including real or perceived conflicts of interest. Before applying to this (or any) position at DCC, candidates shall familiarize themselves with the Code, because new employees are required to certify that they have read, understood, and agreed to observe the Code upon commencing work at DCC. Employees are further required to review their obligations under the Code and notify the President's Office of any changes in their circumstances at the earliest possible opportunity, and to complete the Annual Update once a year.
Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace!
At DCC, we are committed to ensuring everyone has a voice and can be their authentic selves in our workplace. We actively encourage applications from all, including but not limited to, women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and members of the LGBTQ2+ community. We also welcome applications from those who are not Canadian citizens who are eligible to work in Canada and have at least 5 years of verifiable background information.
DCC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all requests for accommodation based on a medical contraindication, religion or another prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected]