Project Manager Organizational Strategy - #8991338
Providence Health Care
Are you a strategic thinker with strong project management skills? Come work as a Strategic Project Manager in Providence Health Care’s Office of Strategy and Results (OSR)!
The Projects team in the OSR supports key strategic and operational initiatives that are essential to the successful achievement of PHC’s Mission: Forward Strategic Plan. The OSR helps to scope out and develop solutions for complex problems, to facilitate internal planning processes and implementation plans, and to develop and write strategic reports and/or business cases summarizing options, recommendations and results. We monitor organization-wide strategic projects and initiatives and we serve as the primary point of entry for internal stakeholders to scope and formulate their transformative ideas: providing frameworks, templates, coaching and connecting stakeholders with the appropriate internal resources to advance their initiatives. The ideal candidate has a proven record of accomplishment establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships, supporting capacity building within an organization and has experience working in a health care setting.
- Works with other members of the project leadership team to establish detailed project charters, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding project scope changes.
- Uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Acts as a resource to project team and staff, provides support and maintains project timelines.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure project success and to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Meets with stakeholders, explains parameters of project and seeks input from the cross functional team leaders. Works collaboratively with team members to establish roles and responsibilities, identify skills required and supports needed by the team.
- Discusses timelines for project and directs work of team members as applicable to project. Ensures team members receive applicable orientation and/or training, provides input into recruitment, selection and performance issues and actions discipline, if required
- Manages and monitors project budget and liaises with the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate) on variances and/or other issues.
- Works in collaboration with organizational and project leadership and other stakeholders to develop a process of evaluation for project outcomes, data collection and analysis.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications to stakeholders including monitoring the communication processes between the project team, and internal and external stakeholders and introducing changes where required. Provides regular status reports to project leadership including reporting on milestones.
- Develops briefing papers, reports and presentations, researching elements as required, to support timely decision-making and implementation.
- Participates on a variety of committees and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project.
- Plans and executes handover to operational teams at the conclusion of the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree in a relevant field and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing medium to large projects, preferably directly with health care organizations.
- Eligible for registration and/or registration with an applicable licensing body may be required depending on project.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of health care systems including understanding the interface between primary, acute, community, research and academic environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for change management and change leadership.
- Knowledge of budget management, funding and project administration.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations and best practices within the sector.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent and analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders within a complex interdisciplinary environment including physician, nursing and other health professional communities.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $39.76-$57.15 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Project Management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in VANCOUVER, BC