Health Care Aide - #8991643
Flexible, casual home and community care job. Health Care Aide (HCA) Certificate is welcome.
Availability Required - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (8-hour shifts consistent)
Care Plan: Light Housekeeping, Meal Prep, Personal Care
Client Location: Vancouver
Preference: Caregiver must have good English speaking skills
Bayshore is seeking a dedicated Personal Caregiver to join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. As a trusted partner, Bayshore is working to respond and provide much needed services to its clients and communities across Canada. As a Personal Caregiver, we offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- Chart your path - Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer nurses and caregivers work flexibility designed to empower you. Choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the wellbeing of our clients & communities - Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential - We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love - Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
The Work You Will Do
- As a Personal Caregiver, you provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community
- Provide standard care services and assistance with basic and instrumental activities of daily living (ADL/IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required. Examples include providing personal companionship, meal prep, housekeeping, personal care, medication reminders, respite care, dementia care, hospital discharge and palliative care to clients on a one to one basis in their homes or community setting
- Ensure on an ongoing basis that the emotional, physical comfort, and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
Who You Are
- Desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- Dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices for community care
- Have either a reliable mode of transportation (Bus, Train, etc) OR a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for commuting
- A clear Police Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience is considered an asset
- Must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
**Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Bayshore is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.