Field Service Technician II - #8997141
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Energy Systems line of business, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Learn More About Our Company
Provide technical and application support for EnerSys products and services, in the assigned area against profitable margins and in line with the business plan, in order to contribute to the realization of service-related sales and service targets
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer’s equipment
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000
- Operates material handling equipment per OSHA requirements
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean working environment
- Maintains records of performance reports
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Provides the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction
- Generates substantial annual revenues
- Functions without direct supervision
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Completes compliance and job-specific training
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles and repairs batteries and related equipment; Installs new equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts and maintenance reports to the company
- Is directly responsible for company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools and test equipment
- 4-6 years of previous customer service experience in field support
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos, and reports) in English
- Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to solve simple equations
- Experience should be substantively in the Electrical related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical/Electronic/ Electrical or related if the application for location
- A basic electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Hands-on job experience
- Experience should be substantively in the Electrical related field where applicable
General Job Requirements
- Must be able and willing to do overnight travel
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company’s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to be on-call.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
Know Your Rights
Know Your Rights (Spanish)
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination