Lead Technical Artist - #8997155
Sumo Digital Ltd.
Sumo Digital Ltd.Salary
ArtJob start date
Mid-Senior LevelJob type
Permanent | Full TimeRemote / Hybrid
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games is a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, and to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games. In this role, you'll be helping us create a unique, cartoony ARPG .
Lead Technical Artists impact our team by bridging code and art, empowering our art team to meet the demands of our fully immersive UE5 projects. You'll elevate our Technical Art department through mentorship, research and development and building tools that make our engineering and art team's lives easier.
The impact you will have as a Technical Art Lead at Timbre
Drive the Technical Art efforts across our projects, working with designers, artists and developers to deliver fun and accessible games
- Responsible for design, development and maintenance of efficient and feature rich art asset creation tools, plugins, and pipelines in collaboration with the Art Team and Technical Programmers
- Advocate and embrace technical and artistic best practices to ensure predictable, high-quality delivery of assets required to achieve project milestone commitments
- Develop and nurture our growing Technical Art team, helping to create a safe environment for applicants and Timbreoos
- Keep pushing Timbre to the front of technology through research and development of new tools and systems
- Hands-on coding and documentation for user-facing tools for our art creation and workflow
What you bring:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior Technical Art position
- Owning the full life cycle of the art creation pipeline, including tools development, for game engines across multiple shipped projects
- A specialization in either character workflows or art/environment workflows
- Utilizing industry technology innovations to push the visual quality of video games and achieve visual targets
- Deep experience in Unreal, Maya, Python, Perforce and industry standard software for game development
- Experience growing a tech art team with an eye to creating a team with diverse perspectives and creating an inclusive culture
- Excellent collaborative skills across disciplines and the ability to bridge communication between engineering and art
- Experience and technical understanding of real-time art optimization and performance including frame rate budgeting
What you might bring:
- Experience working in UE5
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++.
- General knowledge of Maya rigging.
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software
More About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We're excited to build a 'playoff ready' studio that is centered on creativity,humourand diversity. We can't wait to share our first project that we're secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Annual bonus & RRSP matching
- 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
- Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
- Open door policy with direct access to leadership
- Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee's unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
We Welcome ALL to Apply.
At Timbre Games, we believe that Culture drives Creative and we celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create! If you are excited about what we're building at Timbre Games, we want to hear from you, even if you don't think you check all the boxes!
If you believe you are who we're looking for, contact us at: [email protected]