Accounts Payable Administrator - #8997166
Health Association Nova Scotia
Are you a compassionate and energetic individual seeking a fulfilling career? Consider Nova Scotia’s Disability Support Program Sector. Igility/Health Association Nova Scotia is partnering with the Department of Community Services to recruit for Disability Support positions across Nova Scotia.
The Disability Support Program Sector fosters individual choice, social inclusion, enhances quality of life, and offers the opportunity to provide skills needed to help individuals live in their communities. If you want to be part of a vibrant community and you are interested in making a real difference - we want you!
As a Accounts Payable Administrator, you will enjoy a challenging career where your contributions are valued, recognized and your professional growth is supported.
Metro Community Housing Association (MCHA) is a non-profit, community-based agency that provides support to persons living with mental illness. MCHA is a service provider of the Nova Scotia Department of Community Services.
Established in 1974, we have grown to 15 residential locations which include small option homes, group homes, complex care homes, a community transition house, a residential care facility, as well as a supported apartment service.
Our management and administrative teams work diligently behind the scenes to manage processes, maintain administrative requirements, and support front-line staff to ensure our participants get the best service possible.
MCHA is full of people who are passionate, collaborative, and supportive. We believe in the value of the work we do, and it shows. MCHA promotes an environment that is inclusive, respectful, and supportive of diversity.
If you’re ready to share your expertise with an organization that provides a meaningful service to the community, this could be the start of your next adventure!
What does the role entail?
The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for managing all activities associated with the Residential Services (RST) & Supported Apartment Services (SAS) payments, AP invoices, and allotments in a timely and accurate manner. Strong accounts payable processing skills and the ability to manage priorities are important qualities for this role.
- Receive and code invoices from suppliers and code travel claims from MCHA staff.
- Review invoices and travel claims against MCHA policy.
- Enter all invoices and travel claims accurately into Sage 300 Accounts Payable, and conduct checks against the statements, investigate outstanding and duplicated entries or discrepancies.
- Reconcile vendor statements, and resolve payment issues for Vendors and Staff
- Process weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly cheques and EFT runs for vendor and client payments
- Maintain records and compile necessary AP information for annual year end Audit.
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level or equivalent work experience in accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience focused on full process accounts payable
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite with strong technical ability in Excel including imports
- Experience using Sage 300 considered an asset
- Proof of full vaccination, in accordance with the “Nova Scotia COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings” order is required.
We’re looking for someone who can check these boxes as well:
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Interest in pursuing a CPA designation
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Works well under pressure, as part of a team and/or independently
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all times
- Strong skills in multitasking, problem-solving and time management
- Learning new programs is a breeze for you
- Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 (with a possible retention bonus)
- Full time, contract position with the opportunity to turn into a permeant position
- Benefits include paid vacation and sick time. We also offer free parking and the team you’d be joining is pretty cool too.
- In order to be considered fully at the application stage, we need you to tell us exactly how you match what we are looking for in this position. We also will be conducting thorough references, so please be prepared to provide 3 recent supervisory references.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift