Light Duty Cleaner, FT - #8997178
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: 8am - 3 pm as scheduled.
Location: Winbourne Park, 1020 Westney Rd, Ajax, L1T 4K6, ON
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for cleaning tasks in designated areas of a building, including dusting, mopping, cleaning washroom fixtures, spot cleaning, emptying, and cleaning ashtrays and vacuuming carpets.
As a Light Duty Cleaner, you will:
- Perform general custodial requirements and any related duties as assigned (duties include but are not limited to use of various cleaning equipment, vacuuming, spot cleaning, sweeping, mopping floors, emptying waste receptacles and other common areas)
- Restock single unit dispensers containing soap, towels, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins
- Complete periodic equipment checks
- Observe/practice all health & safety procedures and policies
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be reliable, motivated, enthusiastic and a team player, willing to assist as needed
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment (ie. I-mop, vacuum.)
- Physically able to carry out duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact [email protected] for further information.