Mercer Career Transformation Consultant – Multiple Locations - 2023 New Graduates - #8997179
Who We Are
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 25,000 colleagues based in 43 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
Mercer’s Career Consulting Team is seeking a Consultant starting in January 2023.
About The Career Business?
Mercer's Career business segment helps our clients around the world engage their talent to drive business performance. Career consultants partner with HR leaders, board members, and top-level executives to optimize business performance through strategies that enable organizations to better reward and engage their people. We stay ahead of the competition by providing best-in-class information, unsurpassed global reach, dedicated support services, and innovative solutions. We bring clients a range of integrated solutions across five practice areas: Workforce Rewards, Executive Rewards, Workforce Planning & Analytics, Communications, and HR Transformation.
What Can You Expect?
As a Transformation consultant, you will have the opportunity to help organizations transform the way they work and how their people experience work. At Mercer, people and data are at the core of our thinking and action, and we guide our clients to define and navigate the journey of constant change they need to remain competitive in today’s market. Our holistic set of Transformation solutions range from Culture and Organizational Design, to Workforce Strategy Planning, to Digital Implementation, achieving and enabling bold, sustainable change management through major shifts and disruptions in the way we think of the employee experience. Join an experienced team of 25,000 colleagues globally, with 1,000+ focused on transformation around the world!
- Learn Mercer’s standard Transformation tools and methodologies
- Perform basic analysis with guidance and instruction
- Balance multiple project schedules to meet deadlines
- Assist in drafting reports with guidance and direction
- Coordinate project logistics and activities with guidance from project manager
- Solicit feedback on work performed and applies insights to future assignments
- Responsible for taking detailed notes, and ask effective questions to confirm understanding
- Proactively seek out opportunities to further develop skills and capabilities
- Interpret the data and documentation to tell a story – determine client implications as it relates to data
Example projects include:
- Designing and implementing change management plans for digital technology implementations
- Facilitating focus groups and/or stakeholder interviews and drawing key themes and insights
- Designing and implementing performance management programs
- Reviewing, designing and implementing HR/Talent strategies and supporting initiatives
- Designing future state employee value propositions
- Developing organizational and technical competencies
- Reviewing, designing and supporting hybrid work programs to support the future of work
What's In It For You?
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, [email protected], Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community by using your paid time off to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism BRG
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth
What You Need To Have?
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in presentation design, using data to tell a story
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
What Makes You Stand Out?
- You have a passion for change and solving complex problems
- Completing a Bachelor's degree majoring in HR, psychology, commerce or business preferred by December 2022
- Consulting, business and/or HR internship experience preferred
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
In order to be considered, submit your complete application by providing a cover letter, your resume and your most recent transcript in PDF format, via our career section.
We will review completed application submissions and you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
Mercer’s roots are in Canada – founded 75 years ago and continues to be one of the elite Canadian business and employment brands. Currently, the Canadian business earns $340+M CAD in revenue and employs 1,000+ colleagues across Mercer’s core services areas. Along with Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Mercer is one of four Marsh McLennan businesses with a significant Canadian presence.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 83,000 colleagues and annual revenue of nearly $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer