Chief Executive Officer - #8997189
Dovre Group is pleased to present the following opportunity: Chief Executive Officer located in Conception Bay South, NL.
Background & Role:
Over the course of the past year the global and local energy industry activity has significantly increased resulting in a high potential for 100% port utilization and additional growth. With the upcoming increase in activity there is a requirement for readiness for increased operations and a high effort push to ensure success in capturing new work. For this reason, our client is looking to retain a full time Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the port, responsible for company operations, port operations, and business development.
Essentially, the CEO will safely and securely manage the port business and operations, help attract and drive oil & gas, energy, and other industry work ahead at the Port of Long Pond, and report to the board of directors. The following outlines additional details of responsibilities for this role:
Direct the management of all the port’s business and finances:
- Manage the port business including operations and business development.
- Develop annual operating budget and appropriate justification, and presentation to the board for approval.
- Streamline existing operations to ensure high quality services for all clients.
- Ensure that the existing strategic plan is updated as required, implemented, and managed in an effort to achieve short and long term performance.
- Provide vision, motivation, and leadership to all Authority personnel toward the achievement of the Authority’s mission, strategy, and goals.
- Work toward port financial independence.
- Coordinate with staff in operations, administration, and customer service to address client requirements and ensure client satisfaction.
- Establish regular communication with port partners and the existing users to strengthen the working relationship and ensure confidence in the port management.
- Oversee the safe and secure management and operation of the port facilities.
- Strive to execute all operations with zero safety and environmental incidents.
- Other related duties as required.
Maximize utilization and growth of the port facilities through business development:
- Continuously seeking to upgrade the client mix to achieve long-term revenue growth and set the foundation for ongoing investment – securing new business as well as maintaining and growing current clients.
- Continue to develop and manage port expansion scenarios.
- Encompass a regional economic development outreach and approach in taking the port to the next step.
- Assist with the design of business case options for attracting potential business clients.
- Increase business volumes while ensuring that the Port’s core services are optimized.
- High-level oversight of construction / modification works and any maintenance to keep the port in top tier operating condition.
- Pursue and leverage funding where possible to grow port infrastructure and the services offering.
Act as the Key advisor to the Board of Directors:
- Provide regular board reporting.
- Establish long-range and tactical objectives in conjunction with the Board of Directors and brief members on issues of interest.
Strengthen the interface and communication with partners, business, clients, stakeholders, and community interests:
- Network with all external stakeholders in forwarding the mission and goals of the organization, build alliances, and develop / strengthen community relationships.
- Develop a strong relationship with port existing users and prospective partners.
- Assure that the Authority and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a candid, transparent, strong, positive image to external stakeholders.
- Represent the Authority on related committees, panels, community and neighborhood meetings, and public and private meetings in response to the projects, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Represent the port at Energy events and port association annual meetings.
- Partake in relevant associations activities to help achieve port growth.
- Continue to manage stakeholder relations and communications work.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, commerce, or equivalent fields is the primary educational requirement for this position. Equivalent level of experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience with port and marine activities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience at a senior management or executive level.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Ability to form good interpersonal relationships.
- Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Excellent detail-orientation and organization skills.
- Task delegation and prioritization skills.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact:
Senior 360 Recruiter