Regional Operations Manager - Petroleum Facility Management - #8997832
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6,500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Regional Operations Manager (Petroleum Facility Management), oversees the safe and effective end-to-end delivery of maintenance activities within scope and budget, for a network of retail fuel and convenience outlets.
The successful candidate employs a customer focused approach to: manage all aspects of petroleum, store and HVAC equipment maintenance within a defined budget; participate in BGIS’ asset management process (i.e. asset condition surveys) and planned capital replacement initiatives that optimize total cost of ownership; collaborate with internal and client stakeholders as well as vendors on process development and implementation; achieve service level agreements; and maintain compliance with all regulatory, safety and contracted requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages equipment, building and maintenance activities for approximately 60 retail fuel and convenience outlets within Manitoba (28), Saskatchewan (24) and Ontario (7 sites - Thunder Bay , Kenora ).
- Works closely and collaboratively with vendors to define and align on scope and budget for maintenance activities ranging from priority break-fix (4 hours) to longer lead (30 days).
- Understands the impact of downtime to the client stakeholder chain from a financial and reputational perspective. Employs a customer centric approach to assign appropriate urgency and deliver business critical initiatives designed to minimize asset downtime.
- Uses exceptional stakeholder management skills to drive change and initiatives forward by gaining commitment and support from the all levels of the stakeholder chain (Client, BGIS management team, laterally with peers / support personnel and vendors).
- Is an avid ambassador for Health and Safety. Ensures compliance with BGIS health and safety requirements in the delivery of work through activities including but not limited to conducting regular planned job analysis (PJO) and more informal “talk not tick” interviews
- Assumes a lead role in incident and loss of primary containment (LOPC) investigations. Actions LOPC learnings and/or best practices across the portfolio.
- Views the on-site and in-store experience from an end-customer lens with the intent of identifying opportunities to build loyalty to the brand by enhancing the customer experience.
- Achieves contractually committed service level agreements (SLAs) related to asset downtime and availability.
- Manages daily interactions and maintains collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders including: Client Facility Manager, Client Operations Team (including Territory Managers and Retail Associates), Vendors and Technicians.
- Manages operational and project budgets within scope, budget and committed timelines.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of (and compliance with) all regulatory requirements for project and run the business initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and regulatory health and safety standards in the delivery of work (i.e. Petroleum Safety Orientation Training [POST]).
- Participates in planned capital optimization activities.
- Identifies opportunities to innovate through process improvement and/or technology to achieve greater efficiencies and productivity in and outside of the store envelope. This includes collaborating with peers and stakeholders on process development and implementation.
- Leverages experience, best practices and a sense of urgency to address customer facing issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce operating and sustainment costs for both BGIS and our Client.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have petroleum retail operations and / or maintenance experience
- Project Management experience an asset. Specifically, experience with equipment and / or asset-based initiatives is valuable
- Able to drive change and deliver results through others. Proficient at working collaboratively with vendors and skilled trades employees to meet or exceed service objectives often remotely from the job site
- Ability to develop and implement processes and standard operating procedures
- Strong negotiation skills. Able to present ideas and solutions in a manner that is both receptive to and considers the insights of others while being able to influence where necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Customer obsessed, strong service orientation. Strives to create memorable experiences for our Client, our Client’s customers and our internal stakeholders.
- Adaptable and resilient. Able to manage and shift focus across multiple, competing priorities.
- Empathetic to the experience at site level for the Retail Associate and Customer. Uses this lens to drive urgency for the resolution of business impacting events with the goal of maintaining Client satisfaction.
- Able to work independently and take initiative without prompting. Can identify opportunities, develop strategies to address the opportunity/need and take action.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Avid problem solver. Demonstrated ability to grasp the root cause of issues and develop interim and long-term solutions.
- Data-driven. Experienced in reviewing metrics to track progress/trends, celebrate successes and understand underlying business opportunities or issues.
- Ability to lead and engage a team of vendors, skilled trade employees and drive performance to ensure all requirements are achieved.
- Minimum community college diploma or equivalent training (e.g. RPA, CET).
- Field experience and experience within in the Retail Oil & Gas business an asset (i.e. Territory Manager)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with trade or vendor management at the supervisory or management level, or greater than 5 years at BGIS FM, RSC-FSC.
- Technical experience with HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, Fuel an asset.
- Please note:
- The role will require extensive travel within the candidate’s respective territory (Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario). 50%-75% of time will be spent in the field
- The successful candidate will ideally be based / reside in Winnipeg
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
Trade certification in one or more of the following would be considered an asset
- Petroleum Safety Orientation Training [POST] in good standing.
- Engineer in training.
- Journeyman level Refrigeration license
- Journeyman level Electrical license
- Journeyman level Plumbing license
- TSSA PM1 PM2 PM3
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation
BGIS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome you to apply for a position with us! If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at askHR. Upon request for accommodation, we will consult with the applicant in question and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.