Account Manager, Marketing Partnerships - #8997835
Canadian Olympic Committee
Work Location: Toronto, ON
Deadline: Dec 7, 2022
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Account Manager, Marketing Partnerships works within the Marketing Partnerships team and across all internal departments to support the business needs of a portfolio of COC Partners, and the overall marketing strategy of the COC. Working under the direction of the Director, Marketing Partnerships, the Account Manager is specifically responsible for leading all aspects of Partner relations including program development, approvals, client servicing and administration. The manager will lead on a select portfolio of Premier National and National accounts. This individual enjoys building sport brands, solving business & marketing challenges, driving brand/benefits usage, delivering the highest level of customer service, and working in a fast-paced environment.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Enhance sponsor value by working with Partners and their agencies to develop and execute programs which leverage a Partner’s involvement with the Canadian Olympic Team to drive Partner and COC business objectives
- Lead in the development, execution and administration of Partner programs for Premier National, and National Partners which leverage their involvement with the Canadian Olympic Team
- Manage the approval process for all Partner marks use and activation plans
- Liaise with the COC’s Sport, Foundation and Education groups to ensure proper delivery of Partner benefits and to build activation programs tied to Games, Athlete, Fundraising and Community related programs
- Work with the Marketing Partnerships team to establish a detailed service plan that supports and enhances Partner programs
- Work with the Commercial Rights team to monitor and manage commercial rights infringements while working closely with Partners to ensure they have the tools to maximize their brand association rights
- Manage budgets for the assigned Premier National and National Partners
- Provide support to Marketing Partnerships team on renewal analysis, research and overall planning and lead the renewal process for assigned partners
- Responsible for managing and developing one direct report, to ensure they are executing on defined roles & responsibilities within the marketing partnerships function
- Develop and strengthen the Canadian Olympic Team brand and sub-brands with Partners in the Canadian Marketplace
- Work closely with the COC’s Brand Marketing team to execute COC programs and events with Partner activations; specifically managing Partner sponsorship, recognition and engagement
- Manage Budgets for event specific areas of responsibility
- Keep sponsors informed of all COC and Olympic activities so that they can anticipate and schedule promotional activities accordingly
- Keep COC staff informed of all Partner Olympic-related activities
- Maintain sponsor contact reports to support the growth of COC and Olympic marketing knowledge
- Work closely with the Digital/Communications teams to leverage Canadian Olympic Team online and social media story-telling opportunities for Partners
- Maintain technical and professional proficiency of the Sports Marketing industry, as well as of Partners’, and prospective Partners’, industries
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Sport Business, or related field
- 4-6 years of proven marketing experience, in sponsorship and/or sports marketing
Skills and Abilities
- Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated best in class client service experience
- Curiosity for and desire to learn more about the business of sport, and about the business challenges Partner companies face across various industries
- An affinity for building strong relationships
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and deploy resources in areas that have greatest positive impact on results
- Self-starter, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong balance between attention to detail and the bigger picture
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders
- Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset
- Strong computer software expertise required, including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven leadership and/or people/team management experience
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by December 7, 2022, to [email protected], citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
As a condition of employment, and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s employees, a successful applicant will be expected and agrees to confirm and provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19. This condition of employment is subject to any accommodation requirements as may be required by human rights legislation, including for religious needs, disability or any other protected ground under human rights legislation.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.