Administrator - #8998472
OSCO Construction Group
In business since 1960, FCC Construction is an open shop, multi-trade, specialty contractor serving Atlantic Canada. FCC’s three main operating divisions include: General Construction, Management, Electrical Contracting and Communication Cabling.
This position is responsible for providing key day-to-day administrative support for the construction sector including special projects, operational matters, and general administrative work. The Administrator must demonstrate a strong work ethic, be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to manage their time based on priorities and deadlines. This position will need to be a team player with a positive attitude, creativity, and the ability to provide outstanding customer service and value.
- Assist in achieving departmental goals within targeted budgets by meeting deadlines for project completion using the most cost-effective method possible
- Represent the organization in a professional, positive manner as the first line contact with our customers (internal and external)
- Provides various support functions: Efficient and timely support to supervisor and/or department – may include various data entry functions, preparing payroll, spreadsheet preparation, reports, etc.
- Type general correspondences in an accurate and timely manner: May include letters, memos, meeting minutes quotes, purchase orders, etc
- Utilize technology to optimize productivity and produce accurate reports, when necessary
- General clerical duties including filing, photocopying, mail delivery/organization, sending/receiving courier packages
- Share knowledge with others in department to assist in promoting a better-trained workforce
- Additional duties as assigned
- Completion of post-secondary education within a field related to accounting
- Exceptionally competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure, and possess strong organizational skills
- High degree of confidentiality and judgement coupled with effective communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks
- Experience working within the construction field would be considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative approach to working with others
- Excellent business writing and grammar skills with the ability to create documents and presentations
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours based on project requirements
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, we offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to children of employees, health & wellness programming, celebratory events and employee sport team sponsorships.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate . Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.