Utility Worker - Casual Call-In - #8998504
Newfoundland & Labrador English School District
COMPETITION #: 2223-26677-04SS
COMPETITION END DATE: December 02, 2022 11:00 AM
LOCATION(S): Mealy Mountain Collegiate · 1 Voisey Drive · Box 492, Station C · Happy Valley-Goose Bay · A0P 1C0
The Utility Worker I is responsible for the daily cleaning of schools; including mopping of floors, cleaning of washrooms, classrooms, windows, etc. The Utility Worker I also operates equipment associated with cleaning tasks. This position will be responsible for snow clearing and ice control. Other related duties as assigned. This position is for the three schools in the Labrador West Area.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Recent experience in a commercial cleaning environment
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, materials and equipment
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
- Physical abilities consistent with requirements of the job
- The ability to work as a team player and independently
- Reliable transportation
The NL English School District is committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. A Police Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Query, from the local police authority will be required. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary as per the NAPE Collective Agreement (CG-19: $19.27 - $20.80 per hour)
REMINDER: Electronic eOFFERs only with 24 hour expiration - applicants must monitor their email accounts.